Saturday, August 21, 2010

Shovel Liquidation Sale

Sandi was right again. While I was at Chuck’s I was digging in the backyard looking for the source of a persistent water leak. I guess it’s only persistent if 10 years counts as persistent. He’s mentioned it just about every time I’ve visited there. Don’t call me a genius or anything, but something tells me that he’s possibly asking my advice what I’d do about it. Anyway, while I was there this time I started digging. I really didn’t get very far. Just far enough for someone to trip in if they were walking around (prowling) in his back yard at night. My back started spasming in its all-too-common fashion where it forms into this attractive S-shape that hurts and the only thing that helps is to stop digging and take some muscle relaxant pills. Generally it goes back in its usual shape after a few days of doing the whale thing and laying around.

I told Sandi about what I’d done to make it hurt and her reply was, “That’s funny, here you can go hiking, kayaking, get wood, and play and your back doesn’t hurt. You pick up a shovel and start digging and suddenly you hurt your back!”

Call it an epiphany, a revelation, an awakening, a message from above, but I think the answer to saving my back is to have a shovel liquidation sale. Need any shovels?

No comments:

Post a Comment