Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The new svelte me!

Sandi and a friend of ours went together a bought a new treadmill. Of course it has an incline adjustment, a calorie counter, a speed adjustment, and basically a lot of things that are probably very impressive. When you turn the machine on it’s even more impressive. It even has a beer holder

I used it tonight for the first time. I put on my walking shorts (since I didn’t plan to run, otherwise I would have put on my running shorts) and went out to get fit. I looked at the machine and marveled at everything it could do. Since Sandi set it up in front of the TV in the little house (we had to take out the bed) there weren’t too many excuses left for not using it. It even had a jack where you can listen to music on an MP3 player or iPod.

I stared at it  for about five minutes deciding what I wanted to do and closed my eyes imaging my svelte body when I was done working out. I punched every button on the front and nothing worked. Just to be on the safe side I turned the TV off and on to no avail.

Finally, after about six minutes I had to go in the house and ask Sandi how to turn it on. I jumped on it and walked for 20 minutes. I figured that should be enough of a workout the first time out. I wouldn’t want to lose too much weight too quickly.

I have to say for the first time it was a very successful workout. I worked up a sweat, my endorphins were elevated, and my heart rate was working at the performance level.

I think I’m going to like this workout thing. I may even plug it in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment