Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Thoughts but not quite epiphanies

It strikes me, since I am now 'retired' to take the time to put down my thoughts, or lack of thoughts. I guess the bottom line is, I want to express myself in some way. Throughout the day, ideas, thoughts, and other mental bubbles arise and I foment on them for awhile, and then they fade away.

It's odd not having HB around for the day as our summer has been. Today is the third school day of the new year. Seems that I didn't feel that I was retired all summer because we get the time off anyway. Last week on the first teacher report day it started to feel like retirement. And, when HB came back home at the end of her first day it felt more like retirement and I was glad I didn't have to go back to the routine of meetings, new expectations, increased pressure, classroom managemnt,  and sometimes even teaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment