Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fri., Feb. 19

One reason that encourages me to utilize the gym is that the way that you check into the gym is with a little electronic credit card looking thing. For this reason they can track just how often a person uses the gym, or doesn’t use the gym. In the Proton Therapy Treatment they use these balloon things daily that are not the most pleasant of experiences. Well, to go along with the use of the gym, it seems that they save some of these extra balloons for those that do not use the gym. Let’s just say I’m going to endeavor to utilize the gym as much as possible.

Yesterday as I started to walk onto the track I had my head down making sure that my shoelaces were tied and my socks matched. I was lost in a world of thought. I was trying to determine if I had had enough exercise and should call it quits for the day. I had my head down trying to decide what to do until I was awakened by excited voices and the sound of shuffling feet getting louder and more and more excited. I looked up and understood what it must be like to being in the Running of the Bulls in Pampalona, Spain.

There were 6 people charging toward me the only place where there was any type of narrow chute on the entire ½ mile track. They weren’t just coming straight at me, they were running in a zigzag drunken fashion bumping and tripping into each other towards me. I guess if I had just kept still when I looked up instead of putting my head down and acting like I was a full back trying to run through the defensive line of the San Francisco 49ers and let them sweep past me they wouldn’t have looked like a bunch of drunken sailors coming to avenge something they thought I must have done. Anyway, I didn’t stand still. I moved quickly and flattened myself to the side of the track and let them sweep by me. I almost felt like I was slightly gored, but it was only a flesh wound.

I had some excitement yesterday. I felt a small earthquake. I was just sitting on the couch and felt about a 2-3 seconds shaking motion. The overhead light swung a little and then it was over. OK, it was really more exciting than it sounded.

I walked to the local Hometown Buffet for my sustenance today. It’s about 2 miles away so by the time I got there I was ready to kill and eat. The lunch price was $8.51 for as much salad, lunch, clam chowder, carrot cake, and Free-Range Baco-Bits as I could eat. The walk back was somewhat slower, actually, more of a rolling motion. I walked by way of the shopping complex just up the street (about 1-½ miles away) that has a Stater Brothers Grocery Store. I had to buy a lock and some vegetable juice. By the time I got back to the apartment I was hungry again so I walked back to the Hometown Buffet for dinner (not really).

No comments:

Post a Comment