Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Truth is Below the Surface

There is a Buddhist Proverb that says, ‘When the student is ready the master will come.’ I don‘t proclaim to be a Buddhist, but I do proclaim to be a seeker of truth. I believe that there is truthfulness in this proverb. I believe that I am down in Loma Linda for more than just my prostate treatment. I sense that there is a lesson that I am to learn or some knowledge I am to gain. Maybe an experience that I am supposed to go through. Whatever it is, while I am here I want to be ready for it whatever it is.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're right about that. When I went through chemo I became friends with one of the oncology nurses. She's a very beautiful person, and I'm glad she's my friend. I never thought I'd gain a friend while going through a nasty experience. Confronting my own mortality was not a bad thing either. It was very easy to prioritize things in my life.:)

    ReplyDelete