Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tues., March 2 "I'm One Elevator Gene Short"

I think I may have found a hospital with too many elevators in it. Sometimes these types of things just get out of hand. Bigger is not always better, and especially when it comes to hospitals with too many elevators. Getting where you want to go in a hospital should be pretty straight-forward, but no, they have too many ways to get to places and they don’t always lead to where a person should be. Therein lies the problem. Going to ‘B’ level at one end of a hospital may not get you to ‘B’ level at the other end of the hospital. Then, they really mix it up by throwing a bunch of random numbers in there. Some floors are for patients, some are for nurses, some, are for doctors, and some are for everyone else.

Today when I went to my appointment I left so I’d arrive a half-hour early. Thank goodness I did, because I rode the elevator for 20 minutes before I got to the floor I needed to. Everyone that got on after me wanted to go to every floor except the one I wanted. I may have a gene missing for operating elevators, but I don’t think so.

Finally after riding the elevator for 20 minutes and my dinner was up in my esophagus and then hammered into my bowels I arrived at the floor I wanted. Now I really had to go to the bathroom, but I couldn’t because they want you to have a full bladder for the treatment. Don’t ask me ‘why?’ It’s something about a full bladder keeps the bladder in the proper place for treatment. Yada, yada, yada....

By the time I got in there I was telling them that they “better hurry, or I’m going to have an accident in my hospital gown and short out or defile your jillion dollar piece of equipment!” When they saw we squirming around and walking cross-legged toward their machine they ended running to get my treatment over.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment